The board was selected at the league’s inaugural meeting in Philadelphia on January 29, 2011. The newly formed board wasted no time in electing officers and highlighting areas for improved club operations and ideas for the progression of Rugby League in the United States of America.
The nine-team league will commence its eight game regular season on June 4th, 2011, with the inaugural USARL National Championship game slated for August 27th.
The season kicks off on May 28-29th with a 9-a-side competition hosted by the Philadelphia Fight in Conshohocken, PA. This competition will likely also include a team representing the Western states in addition to the nine USARL members, with Denver Wolverines also hoping to compete.
- Start of regular season championship-June 4
- Bye week-July 2nd
- USARL Semi final playoffs- August 13
- The inaugural USARL National Championship Game-August 27
USARL Website to be launched in mid March 2011.
USARL Board of Directors:
- Peter Illfield- Chairman
- Richard Nolte- Chief Financial Officer
- Ryan McGough- Chief Executive Officer/ Philadelphia Fight
- Spinner Howland- PR & Football Operations / Jacksonville Axmen
- Adam Hamon- Director of Marketing / New Haven Warriors
- Mikhael Shammas- Coaching and Development / Boston 13’s
- Richard Luthmann – Legal Counsel / Rhode Island Rebellion
- Asa Jearld / Washington DC Slayers
- Justin Wieland / Oneida RLFC
- Paul Silverman / NJ Titans
Consultants to the BOD:
- Steve Williams-All Web Café-Website Director
- Drew Slover-Slover Consulting
- David Weyburn-Haka Sports-Business Strategist/Marketing
- Tony Feasey-Haka Sports
- Tawera Nikau-Haka Sports