Alitalia, the official sponsor of the Rugby League European Cup 2010, which starts tomorrow, have sent their best wishes to the four competing nations.
Thierry Aucoc, Alitalia Vice President of Europe, Middle East & Africa Sales Region said, “The winner of the Alitalia Rugby League European Cup 2010 will have a team spirit based on high values of trust and respect, the same ones we are building with our customers.” He added, “The intense commitment and high discipline of the players matches our belief in punctuality, reliability and in a customer oriented approach.”
Current champions Wales and favourites France, along with 2009 runners up Scotland and 2008 World Cup stars Ireland, will go head to head over the next three weekends to determine which nation will join Australia, New Zealand and England in the 2011 Four Nations Tournament.
“We are excited about this event and anticipate a great competition that will show the best of the sport. We wish all four nations the very best of luck” noted Pierfrancesco Carino, Alitalia Marketing Manager Europe, Middle East & Africa.
Harlequins Academy players were on hand to model the newly designed shirts of the competing nations in what is expected to be a fiercely fought contest.
Matches will be broadcast live on French channels Direct 8 and Orange, while Sky Sports will show a highlights package each Monday following the weekend games.
- Saturday 9th October – France v Ireland (Avignon) 3.15pm CET
- Sunday 10th October – Scotland v Wales (Old Anniesland, Glasgow) 2.30pm
- Saturday 16th – France v Scotland (Stade Municipale d’Albi) 3.15pm CET
- Sunday 17th October – Wales v Ireland (The Gnoll, Neath) 2pm
- Saturday 23rd October – France v Wales (Stade Municipale d’Albi) 3.30pm CET
- Sunday 24th October – Ireland v Scotland (Tallaght, Dublin) 2.30pm.